2022 The Greater Chicago Open at Hilldale Golf Club, September 18th, at 1pm
September 18 @ 1:00 PM CDT$40
TGCI Open is a 9 hole tournament played in teams of two players. The format is Texas Scramble where each player hits a drive and the team picks the one they want to use. Both players hit their next shot from that location and then pick the better of the two shots and so on until the ball is holed. To speed up the game and finish in about 2.5 hours, teams who reach a double par can pick up the ball. This format is great fun and so is the socializing at the awards ceremony after the round where we’ll enjoy food and drinks. There’s a great sushi place on the golf course if anyone wants to make a night of it.
Gifts and prizes from sponsors:
- The Blue Lagoon: skin products for everyone!
- IcelandAir: a $500 gift certificate (no travel restrictions), which will be the prize for ‘A Hole in One’ on hole number 8. If no one hits a hole in one, the player closest to the pin wins the $500.
- The Hyatt Centric Mag Mile: two nights at their downtown hotel, which will be the prize for ‘Longest Drive’ men and women on hole number 7
- Porter Pipe & Supply: tickets to a Cubs game (10/2 vs Reds) and a Sox game( 9/23 vs Tigers), both with parking, which will be the prize for ‘The longest Putt’ on hole number 3 and ‘Closest to the Pin’ on hole number 5.
- Icelandic Glacial: Icelandic Glacial water
More prizes to be announced soon as well as confirmed sponsors for the 16th TGCI Open at Hilldale GC, September 18th.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Location and Time
Suggest an event: If you have an event that you think should be posted here, [ please let us know ].
Language Practice: A few of our members have informal practice sessions. The levels are for beginners typically at the CERF A1 and A2 levels. The first meets nearly every Tuesday at 7:30pm and every other Friday at 12:30pm Chicago time. Anyone is welcomed to participate in these open format events over Google Meet. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Covid Note: All events will follow strict COVID-19 protocols as defined by the Illinois Department of Health and the CDC’s Guidance for Organizing Large Events and Gatherings.
Linked Events: Some events are hosted by other groups and are unaffiliated to IAC. We link to these events in order to promote Chicago’s polyglot communities and support language and cultural exchanges. Please see their individual websites for more details – The Icelandic Language and Culture Meetup, Icelandic Club of Toronto, and the Chicago Language Cafe.